This course has been designed to enable delegates to increase their awareness and competence in the appropriate and safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) equipment.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for all persons who have access to or require the ability to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and who do not hold a current First Aid qualification.
- Minimum age of 18
- Candidates must be physically able to carry out CPR procedures
Upon completion of this course, the delegate will be aware of:
- Personal safety
- Assessing the incident and patient
- Basic life support
- DRABC check and sending for help
- CPR and use of AED on a casualty
- General guidelines for using a defibrillator
- Handover to the emergency services.
Assessment & certification
Assessment is through continual observation. Upon successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a DSFRS Training Academy Certificate.
2 hours – This course is presented at venues in Plympton, Taunton and Exeter.
TBC – For further information please contact Red One Ltd on 01392 444773
All courses are booked subject to our standard terms of conditions for the provision of training, which include our policy for course cancellation.