This course has been designed to enable designated First Aider’s (Appointed Persons) to gain sufficient knowledge and skills to be able to deal with a first aid emergency and take charge of first aid arrangements. Workplaces are required to have a nominated “Appointed Person” responsible for Emergency First Aid available during normal working hours.
Appointed Persons will be trained to take charge of first aid arrangements including looking after First Aid equipment and facilities and calling the emergency services when required. It is acceptable for one Appointed Person to be responsible for up to 50 personnel.
This course is designed to help business’ comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981.
Who is this course for?
Non-operational and non-uniformed personnel, designated first aiders and other individuals or ‘appointed persons’ seeking to improve their emergency first aid knowledge and skills.
- Minimum age of 18
Upon completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Generate a clear understanding of the responsibilities of the role
- Risk assess for the rescuer and casualty
- Assess and respond to a patient who is unconscious
- Administer First Aid to a patient who is chocking and identify when help is required
- Administer CPR to a patient using current HSE guidelines
- Identify when a patient is in shock and treat accordingly
- Recognise the causes of burns and their treatment
- Manage First Aid equipment
- Correctly apply a dressing
- Identify the different types of wounds and their treatment
Assessment & certification
Delegates must complete a practical assessment covering key areas such as:
- What to do in an emergency
- Unconscious casualty
- First Aid for the wounded or bleeding
Assessment is through continual observation. Upon successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a DSFRS Training Academy Certificate.
1 day – This course is presented at venues in Plympton, Taunton and Exeter.
TBC – For further information please contact Red One Ltd on 01392 872154
All courses are booked subject to our standard terms of conditions for the provision of training, which include our policy for course cancellation.