Approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency this ‘open enrolment’ renewal course is designed to meet the requirements laid down in STCW2010 for updated proficiency in advanced fire fighting. The student will refresh their knowledge gained during STCW95 advanced fire fighting training.
At the end of the course the student will be able to demonstrate the ability to act as a member of a fire party and be able to respond to emergency situations involving fire on board ship.
Who is this course for?
If you are serving onboard ship and have an Advanced Firefighting Certificate, you must, as of the 1st January 2017, have documentary evidence of either having completed the Advanced training course or updated your training within the last 5 years.
Delegates looking to attend the Update in Advanced Firefighting must have documentary evidence of either having completed the Basic Fire firefighting or the Updated Proficiency in Basic Firefighting course within the last 5 years.
- Minimum age of 18
- Medically fit and healthy – a medical form will be required
- Delegate must be in possession of a valid STCW95 VI/3 certificate
- Table A-VI/3 (From STCW code 95)
- Recap on classifications of fire
- Firefighting equipment and techniques
- Breathing apparatus
- Heat levels
- Communications and coordination during fire fighting operations
- Search and rescue
- Fixed installations
- Organisation (fire party systems)
- Command and control
- Fire investigation case histories
- Legislation: requirements for statutory and classification surveys
- Merchant Shipping Statutory Instruments IMO – SOLAS – IMDG
Assessment & certification
Continuous practical assessment with full and active de-brief of exercise. Written test. All delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded an STCW2010 Regulation VI/3 and Section A-VI3I of the STCW Code certificate issued by DSFRS under the authority of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
£192.00 exc VAT per delegate including lunch, excluding accommodation.
All courses are booked subject to our standard terms and conditions for the provision of training, which include our policy on course cancellation.