Swiftwater and Flood
The Rescue Technician 4 day course is intended for those personnel who will be required, in teams, to carry out rescues in a swiftwater and flood environment - emergency services, mountain rescue teams and also other category 2 responders, as well as raft guides and those involved in coaching involving moving water activities e.g. kayaking.
The complies with DEFRA Module 3 content requirements
For many years this has been seen as the benchmark training course for swiftwater and flood rescue teams. The course is based on the philosophy of self-protection and application of low to high risk solutions.
The student can expect high practical involvement in water and application of skills to relate to their incident situations. The training is important as it will provide the necessary skills to enable them to operate safely and effectively during rescues.
- Rescue 3 philosophy and absolutes
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- National and international standards
- Personal and team equipment
- Swimming in moving water
- Channel crossing methods
- Search options
- Management and organisations of water incidents
- Medical consideration
- Flat water boat handling
- Contact and in moving water rescues
Upcoming course dates:
No courses scheduled, please contact us to discuss your requirements
£554.00 +VAT per person. This price includes PPE hire, lunch and refreshments.