City & Guilds 6160-09 Award in Entrant and Entry Controller for Confined Spaces (Medium Risk)
This is a combined course for both entrant and entry controllers. It prepares the entry controller/top person who controls entry and arrangements for Medium Risk confined spaces and works within them. It provides an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the law, legislation, Safe Systems of Work and an awareness of confined space risk assessments. This is a 2 day course.
Practical exercises are completed at our purpose-built confined space training facility.
The course includes the use of Emergency Life Support Apparatus (Escape Set) and qualifies personnel as Entry Controllers (formerly known as Top Person).
Delegates will descend/ascend into a designated confined space and crawl through variably sized and shaped tunnels under various simulated emergency conditions that include noise, limited light and variable safe atmospheric conditions including smoke. The course includes the use of Emergency Life Support Apparatus (Escape Set) but does NOT qualify personnel in the use of full breathing apparatus.
This course is in line with the National Occupational Standards
(NOS) for working in confined spaces. (NC1 NC2 NC3 – see below for breakdown).
All persons who successfully complete the practical and written test will receive a City & Guilds 6160-09 Award in Entrant and Entry Controller for Confined Spaces ( Medium Risk). The certificate is valid for three years.
- Prepare to work safely in medium risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit to the medium risk confined spaces safely
- Work safely and monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Deal with emergency situations
- Understand the principles of working in medium risk confined spaces
- Understand standard protocols for working in medium risk confined spaces
- Understand entry controller duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and inspections required
Regular course dates are available.
Please call 01392 444773 or email [email protected] for further information
£425.00 +VAT per person.
This price includes lunch and refreshments.