Updated: 7th October 2021
Red One Ltd is a Data Controller as we determine the purpose for how we collect and use your personal data. Red One Ltd exercises full control of processing your personal information in a safe, secure manner.
Red One Ltd will use your personal data to administer and deliver your training and assessments, deliver driving training and assessments, provide access to our Road Circuit or deliver other such services as agreed between yourself and Red One Ltd. It may be shared as appropriate with your employer, with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service who deliver and manage the accreditation of some of our courses, and with the relevant awarding body. Any health or disability information you provide will be used to ensure the safety of you, other delegates and staff, or to make reasonable adjustments. We will normally retain training records for between three to six years depending upon the requirements of the awarding body.
What Data We Collect
We may collect any of the following information:
• Name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email
• Special category data regarding health and medical information where necessary for a physically demanding training course
• Other information relevant to your course documentation, e.g. contact number, next of kin details for emergency purposes, dietary needs, and any other requirements
• Previous and/or current qualifications
Driving licence and insurance information
How we collect your data:
• Directly from you by phone, email or hard copy booking form
• Electronically via the website
• Via your GP
• Via 3rd party booking agencies
• Via your employer
Why We Need This Data
We may require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a safe, professional service, and for the following reasons:
• Client data that is generated from each training course may consist of delegate attendance, performance, qualification results, training outcomes and feedback reports
• We may use this information to improve our products, services and help us understand the public’s training needs
• To contact you in relation to your training and provision of services with Red One Ltd and DSFRS. For example, this may be for health and safety information prior to your training to enable our instructors to be prepared and create a safe training environment for you. This may be by telephone, email, or post
• To enable us to fulfil our statutory requirements
• Your information may be provided to public bodies such as the Police, NHS, HSE and other possible non-statutory organisations when required
Client data that is generated from driving lessons, tests or use of the Road Circuit is used to ensure eligibility to undertake services booked.
Lawful Processing of Personal Data
The key grounds for lawful processing of personal data by Red One Ltd is performance of a contract to be able to provide you with the training or service booked. For fire and safety skills training, there is also a legal obligation in ensuring such skills are maintained amongst firefighters and others.
People we may share your data with
Lawful and minimal data will be shared with awarding bodies such as Skills for Justice , City & Guilds, Rescue 3 Europe and Maritime Coast Guard Agency for accreditation purposes. Your information may be stored with these awarding bodies for the length of your qualification. Should you require contact details for the above awarding bodies please contact us via telephone (01392 444773), email or writing. Post: Compliance Officer, Red One Ltd, Westpoint, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1DJ. Email: [email protected]
We may be required to share your data with your employer, NHS and other external agencies, but, we will only do this where the law allows or you have provided us with your consent.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party booking agencies and other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites. These other sites are not governed by this privacy statement, please exercise caution and read look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This means we have implemented new procedures and policies within Red One Ltd to effectively train all our employees in data protection regulations and to uphold a strong, systematic approach to securing your personal data.
Controlling Your Personal Information and Your Rights
The Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 give you the right to know what information is held about you and;
• Makes our data protection laws fit for the digital age in which an ever-increasing amount of data is being processed
• Empowers people to take control of their data
• Supports UK businesses and organisations through the change
You have the right to ask us to:-
• Supply you with a copy of the personal data we hold on you
• Rectify any errors to the data we hold on you
• Request that we delete any data we hold on you that the law does not require us to keep within its retention period.
• Request that we stop processing your data
If you would like to know more about your rights as an individual and further information, please visit the ICO website. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting our Compliance Officer at Red One Ltd.
Red One Ltd
Clyst St Mary
Exeter Devon EX5 1DJ
Email: [email protected]
If you would like further assistance, advice or are dissatisfied with the information you have received regarding any of the above, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Tel: 01625 545700.
What are Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. You can find more information about cookies at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage our website.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
First Party Cookies
www.red1ltd.com and www.red1drivertraining.co.uk currently use no first party cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies.
Share this is a content sharing tool. This tool enable users to share links to Red One Ltd and DSFRS content with their friends via many web based mediums.
To Delete Or Reject Cookies
“By using www.red1ltd.com, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.”