Emergency Service Driver Training
We provide various driver training and testing services to emergency services across the UK. Our training is delivered by our Academy’s in-house driver training team. They deliver all DSFRS’s internal driving courses.
We are one of the few UK fire services who have Delegated Examiner Status from the DVSA, this status allows us to not only provide driver training but also conduct the final practical test!
LGV CAT C:
- We provide LGV CAT C training and testing to emergency service personnel. As mentioned above, we can not only provide the initial training but also conduct the final practical test. We complete training and test in 5 days with a student/instructor ratio of 2:1. We do not have to book our tests with the DVSA, this saves what can be a painfully long waiting period.
- We conduct all training and the final test in a fire appliance. We believe firefighters should train in a fire appliance rather than a standard LGV vehicle offered by a commercial training provider.
- We are however only able to conduct the final test if the delegate works for a fire service and not only an industrial fire team. We can only test industrial firefighters if they are also retained for a service in the UK.
- We own a private 1.3km road circuit complete with roundabouts, junctions, traffic lights, crossroads, gradients and reversing bays. The circuit is ideal for the candidate’s first day of training, taking a fire appliance onto a public road for the first time can be a nerve-racking experience.
“What can I say? RED ONE have been beyond reproach in all its endeavours, from assisting with obtaining my provisional Cat C Licence through to the delivery of the practical training and my successful test pass. Megan is a true credit to the company, who's own willingness to help with any issue raised is outstanding
I would certainly recommend RED ONE”
EFAD Initial or Re-Qual:
- This course enables personnel to safely drive fire appliances under blue light emergency response conditions.
- We own a private 1.3km road circuit complete with roundabouts, junctions, traffic lights, crossroads, gradients and reversing bays. The circuit is ideal for the candidates first day of training, taking a fire appliance onto a public road for the first time can be a nerve-racking experience.
- This training must be delivered with a student/instructor ratio of 2:1.
Commercial Driver Training:
We offer driver training and testing to members of the public. Please visit red1drivertraining.co.uk for more details and to access our online booking facility. Our commercial courses include:
- Pre-License Driving lessons (14-16 years)
- Minibus Training/Testing
- Taxi Tests
- Driver Development Refresher Lessons
- Eco & Fleet Driver Training
- Driving Safer for Longer Workshops