Swiftwater & Flood First Responder
It is essential when working in or near water that all staff are trained in basic rescue techniques and know of emergency procedures e.g. using throw line.
This course provides the learner with knowledge, skills and understanding of hazardous moving water environments. By the end of the course the student will be able to conduct self/colleague rescue in moving water, conduct wading rescues in shallow moving water etc.
This is a DEFRA Level 2 course
- (Module 2 – Water First Responder - To work safely near and in water using land-based and wading techniques). Students should re-qualify every three years.
- The student can expect high practical involvement in water so all students must be the able to swim confidently. Day 1 is classroom based, this can be delivered on our premises or at our offices in Exeter or Plymouth. Day 2 is practical and is based at in the River Dart, learners can expect high practical involvement in the water.
- This course is suitable for all individuals who work in or around water: Environment Engineers, Groundworkers, Watercourse Maintenance Staff including; Bridge, Highways, Construction and Rail Staff, Emergency Planners, Project Managers, Health and Safety Officers, Site Managers, Flood Control Personnel, First Responders, Emergency Services, Police, Park Wardens and Local Authority Personnel.
“Red One put together a bespoke open water safety course to meet our needs, which was administered and delivered very professionally. The instructor’s experience (through the fire service) really showed as he tailored the course through the day, answered all our questions and ensured that we met our objectives for the day – while keeping it very enjoyable. Thanks Red One”.
Ed Parr Ferris – Conservation Manager at Devon Wildlife Trust
- Rescue 3 philosophy and absolutes
- National and International standards
- Personal and team equipment
- Dynamics and hazards of water
- Rescuer safety
- Use of rope equipment
- Channel crossing methods
- Search, management and organisation of water incidents
- Line crossing methods
- Tethered boats to support Swiftwater Rescue Technicians
Upcoming course dates:
Regular course dates are available. Please call 01392 444773 or email [email protected] for further information
£355.00 +VAT per person. This price includes PPE hire, lunch and refreshments.